Tuesday, 19 February 2008

The Pacific

This Saturday I'm going to audition as an Hispanic soldier for "The Pacific", the big busting block mini-series directed by Carl Franklin & Timothy Van Patten. You see I'm half Portuguese so I may just get away with it, although I'm not built like a soldier, I certainly could portray a sort of Woody Allen mercenary as from his film "Bananas".



Maybe they need a Radar from M.A.S.H type character desperately. Someone to dart about the battle-ground wielding walkie talkies and riding on the shoulders of a broad Captain.



Will they be thinking that all Latin soldiers must look like Antonio Banderas? I should think they shouldn't, us Hispanic/Latin types are notoriously spindly and short. As long as they don't cast me among the army catering crew as a silly Manuel type from "Fawlty Towers", but I am thinking they wont, just in case I "mention the war".

No comments:

Feed me, Seymour!

I like to watch

Loading...

CC

Creative Commons License
snuffboxfilms by rups is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Australia License.
Based on written and pictorial posts at snuffboxfilms.free.

Further reading ...

ping rss