Thursday, 17 April 2008

Young Einstein



I am here to plug my own appearance on The Einstein Factor this July 13th at 6:30pm on ABC 1 (That's the Australian Broadcasting Corporation), and this photo above is the second in my collection of photos of me with Peter Berner. I plan in the next five years to have at least ten, and hopefully keep on getting them until I have the largest collection of Me with Peter Berner photos in the world. I think it is important to have goals don't you?

Yesterday I joined a team of trivia hopefuls at the St Kilda Film Festival cinema trivia night. We ended up tailing every other team but to be brutally honest, the questions they asked were pretty uninteresting. They had a Star Wars series of questions which was almost tiresome to sit through. The music section was Oscar winning music, how boring is that? The general knowledge was a heap of lines from Australian movies and sad as it comes they chose lines from Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Muriel's Wedding and Crocodile Dundee - I'm so sick of hearing those films mentioned, the smug reminiscences of the audience on guessing lines from those films made me even more ill. We still hold on with whitened knuckles to the piffle we've contributed to the world stage in cinema, we still seem to be getting warm fuzzy feelings instead of, which would be more useful, startling and unnerving panic.

No comments:

Feed me, Seymour!

I like to watch

Loading...

CC

Creative Commons License
snuffboxfilms by rups is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Australia License.
Based on written and pictorial posts at snuffboxfilms.free.

Further reading ...

ping rss