Thursday, 21 August 2008

Looking for Richard



It has been a while since I've seen it, but I picked up a copy of Al Pacino's "Looking for Richard" and was pleasantly engrossed and inspired. Not only because Richard the III is my favourite Shakespearian play, but also because the commitment in the telling of the making of it was done with a heart and head driven focus that can only be described as 'warming' and presented to me a vigilance that can come from actors to work deeper and be more involved in processes, rather then dedicated only to the work during filming.

I particularly enjoyed Al's pain at the Shakespeare Party with all the modernisers crooning over their adaptations of William's efforts. Although this film is about Shakespeare's Richard the Third, it is also heavily about the process of reading scripts, weeding out characters, establishing meaning behind writing and valuing contexts of thought. As one Vox Pop stated with a toothless grin, "If people said what they feel, they'd say less and mean more".

Ah, there's the rub. Plus, Kevin Spacey is always a gas.

No comments:

Feed me, Seymour!

I like to watch

Loading...

CC

Creative Commons License
snuffboxfilms by rups is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Australia License.
Based on written and pictorial posts at snuffboxfilms.free.

Further reading ...

ping rss