Monday, 27 September 2010

London Moods by Ken Russell



This was a film shot by Ken Russell in 1961 for Huw Weldon and a showcase he put called Monitor. I came across this film on the Found Objects Blog. I agree with the Found Objects Bloggers that this film does indeed display Ken Russell's talent at working on the fly. The gym shots certainly are intriguing and you can grasp the stylistic approaches Ken used for his later films in this early framing of London life.

I am very much looking forward to Moll Flanders, and anticipating much excitement at seeing Barry Humphries in it but the film has vanished from the IMDb so I am wondering if it is still in Production.

No comments:

Feed me, Seymour!

I like to watch

Loading...

CC

Creative Commons License
snuffboxfilms by rups is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Australia License.
Based on written and pictorial posts at snuffboxfilms.free.

Further reading ...

ping rss