Thursday, 27 January 2011

Testing Vid.ly



Vid.ly is in Beta at the moment but what it does is convert a video into multiple formates (files and codecs) for seamless viewing on multiple platforms. My test is above, the spoken word clip done in collaboration with Koshowko. If anyone reading snuffboxfilms is doing so on various browsers or mobile devices (Or even consoles) let me know if and how it plays. Vid.ly is a Universal conversion tool, we all know how frustrating it can be converting for various devices. Read more about Vid.ly on my Vivarium site, which also features some information by Christian Heilmann on HTLM5 video and audio.

2 comments:

Mike Everleth said...

Hey Rupert,

Looks good! Played really well in Firefox on my PC and it played really awesomely on my iPod Touch.

Rups said...

Thanks for trialling that Mike. Apparently this can stream from most mobile devices ... and browsers. It has converted to around fourteen brands/types with multiple file types and codecs associated to each.

Feed me, Seymour!

I like to watch

Loading...

CC

Creative Commons License
snuffboxfilms by rups is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Australia License.
Based on written and pictorial posts at snuffboxfilms.free.

Further reading ...

ping rss