Wednesday, 8 June 2011

FILTH 101. FILM, TASTE AND PHILOSOPHY

Mike Everleth from BadLit tweeted this a while ago and I've just watched it. Knowing Mike is John Waters admirer is handy for my own support of John as a filmmaker. I'd really like him to tackle at least one last feature before retiring into the filth and mirth. In Filth 101, John talks about the failed art film, and its crucial role in developing cinema. The net has allowed for art filmmakers to fight back against those who only think a film is worth its content if it is worth its box office, or a film is only valuable in its volume of audience.

"You applaud me now but will you speak to me in 110 minutes later" is how John begins this session. It initially is about the Joseph Losey film Boom, of which is an inspiration for John Waters.

No comments:

Feed me, Seymour!

I like to watch

Loading...

CC

Creative Commons License
snuffboxfilms by rups is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Australia License.
Based on written and pictorial posts at snuffboxfilms.free.

Further reading ...

ping rss