Friday, 26 August 2011

The Shadow Monster

Recently I was catching up on some of Matthew Silver's current projects, and The Shadow Monster caught my eye. I interviewed Matthew a while ago as part of my somewhat sporadic series Remarkables.

I was pleased to discover Matthew who may or may not be the Man in the White Dress is continuing to bring performance art to the screen. Especially at the energy levels Matthew can raise in front of the camera, this particular work, The Shadow Monster is particularly well executed.

Even if you struggle with its meaning the verve in which a seemingly urban neighbourhood is beset by voodoo and flirted with by myth, particularly the myth of Daedalus, and perhaps even more apparent if taken in reference to James Joyce 'Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man'.


2 comments:

Majid Ali said...

Please help me for Christ sake

Anonymous said...

Hi Majid,

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with your tuition fees, Blogging and AdSense is probably not going to make a big enough dent to pay them, however, I see that Haiti Libre seem very proactive in education and scholarships, and it might be beneficial if you contact them personally and let them know of your struggles.

Rups

Feed me, Seymour!

I like to watch

Loading...

CC

Creative Commons License
snuffboxfilms by rups is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Australia License.
Based on written and pictorial posts at snuffboxfilms.free.

Further reading ...

ping rss