Wednesday, 13 November 2013

p2pu

I'm currently participating in a P2PU course structured/facilitated by Web Made Movies (Mozilla's Open Video Lab). The experience so far has been one of building and growth, and the discussions on Popcorn.js, as well as other open standard ideas revolving around HTML5.

The time I devote to the program is interesting, it usually is at work between my daily tasks when I have a spare twenty minutes or so to catch up on my teaching related interests. Recent discussions have centred around the release of Final Cut X, and perhaps what Cinelerra developers could do for the missing functions excluded by Apple on the release of the latest Final Cut Pro software.

In this discussion I'd add that I'd like to see Cinelerra ported over to Mac as well as Linux. I'm interested in trying Cinelerra but don't have the time or focus to partition my Mac with Linux. I could see however Cinelerra and Butter working quite well together if programmers merged the two programs. Open Source video editors have always been a stumbling area for Open Source development, and I am to think this is primarily because of the ludicrous amount of proprietary codecs and file containers for video.

However, if VP8 and Ogg continue to be supported and used on net video, we'll see more intuitive GUI editing applications beginning to form.


Peer 2 Peer University 2010 from P2P University on Vimeo.

No comments:

Feed me, Seymour!

I like to watch

Loading...

CC

Creative Commons License
snuffboxfilms by rups is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Australia License.
Based on written and pictorial posts at snuffboxfilms.free.

Further reading ...

ping rss